The One Where I Recommend Things
Like you, there aren’t many email newsletters I actually like. But there IS one I love – Hitha Palepu’s. Why? Because it is chock full of brilliant book, article and podcast recos (and some shopping indulgences) that are always thoughtful and useful to me.
Anyway, I was thinking – I should make you guys a COACH version of just that. For you, from the week that has not ended yet, here is my roundup of the best of the best:
1. Watch “The Biggest Little Farm” on Hulu. It is a documentary about a couple who create a farm out of nothing. For their dog. And it is just HEART-WARMING.
2. If you haven’t already, go see “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood,” starring Tom Hanks. It’s like a free coaching session and will move you beyond words.
3. The moment you have all been waiting for: I am finally releasing a new episode of COACHED today – my call-in podcast where YOU ask the questions. Today’s questions are about MARRIAGE. Listen very closely. I know you need this one. I know it so well, in fact, I launched a whole new private coaching program for couples. But I digress….anyway, listen. You’ll see it was worth the wait.
4. I also just made my SECOND appearance on HTW (Highway to Well) with Zoe and Erica. This time, we are talking about the TRAP that is perfectionism, and the insidiousness of the Superstar Paradox– which is when your life LOOKS good but feels AWFUL. Don’t miss it!
5. It’s still the beginning of the year and I know you love productivity. If so… you will love this blog post by Marc Andreessen (yes, THAT one). “Structure procrastination” may be the best idea I have ever heard. Going in my toolbox.
6. Looking for an excellent read? I just finished WHY WE SLEEP by Matthew Walker. I had NO IDEA sleep was so fascinating. Read this book, it is essential. You will emerge at its end like me – militant about snoozing.
7. Have you ever wondered what CONSCIOUS CAPITALISM is, or what IMPACT INVESTING is all about? You should know. Check out the new online magazine – CONSCIOUS INVESTOR– at the very least, you will expand your consciousness about how MUCH of an impact you really can have on the world.
8. Finally – looking for recipes and lifestyle tips that might just save your life? My friend Nichole Perkins has just launched PRIMAFOODIE. When we eat well, we FEEL well – and that is what this amazing new hub is all about. The site’s posts are as beautiful as her pesto recipe is delicious. Ryan and I are HOOKED.
Ok, I think that is enough for you for now, right?
Let me know what you think of these when you check them out. I would LOVE to hear from you and always love YOUR recos.
Before I go, a word about Kobe: Sometimes, we are reminded through shock and horror that life spares no one of hardship. It’s a short time we have here and no matter who you are and what you have, you are equally fragile. Be kind to yourself and others. Get out there and live your dreams. And may all the souls who perished Rest In Peace.
Wishing you a happy weekend.